Subject Author Posted Replies

You're going to have to work and wait for a proper oil finish.
There's no getting around it. To get a proper finish that you'll be proud of, the process of applying an oil finish will take anywhere from a week or longer--especially if you live in an are of high...
1
1

Quarter sawn lumber explained
For a few of us that need a simpler explanation of quarter sawn lumber and why it is more expensive, This method is labor and time intensive. And done another way in a more wasteful manner.
7
7

Temporary Construction
32,000 square feet. Built in December, to close in March. Each year. Great engineering and craftsmanship. Outside: Entrance to the Ice Bar: The Ice Bar: The Wedding Chapel A hallway: Reception desk &...
8
8

OT. The A Team film
With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet again, I watched th A Team film. Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx. About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4...
5
5

OT Because this is funny and there is no woodworking at the moment
Jeopardy, the game show. Sort of a snooty show hosted by a sorta snooty Alex Trebek. Alex Trebek has on more than one occasion sorta hinted to a contestant in so many words that you need to be smart...
19
19

Check out this guys shop wall
Look how many drills he has, how organized he is. Holly Crap. I finally got the right link. You can download the plans and the guide using the link below....
20
20

cabinetry question
Was listening to an Jim Heavey (WW-Shows) say that he "knocked down" all corners/edges with a router--because finishes don't adhere to them very well. He also routes around inset cabinet doors...
21
21

battery
Does anyone have a dead Trend Airshield Pro battery pack that yo don't want? I want to try taking it apart and see if I can replace the dead cells. I will pay for the postage. Remove NOSPAM to reply...
10
10

Woodworking Show
The show is finally coming to my area in two weeks. Though, I can imagine things my vary from show to show (city to city), but overall, is it worth it to go?
28
28

metal detector
My wizard III stopped working. I tried replacing the battery, tried adjusting, but it is not consistently able to pick up my tablesaw let alone a piece of metal in wood. I always thought it was a...
13
13

What do you think of this air compressor?
I don't want to buy it, I'm just curious (and thought you might enjoy seeing it): http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/4301941733.html
32
32

Atlanta area woodworkers
Years ago I made the drive to north of Atlanta (as I remember) to a woodworking fair I think they called it. All of the bigger tool/machinery makers were present but also a number of small folks...
46
46

Epoxy or?
I need to secure two plexiglass supports to a wooden base. The support wil l hold a piece of art glass. The plexiglass is 3/8 inch thick and about 1 inch wide. I have cut mortises into the base to...
7
7

Rubber Band Machine Gun
This is an interesting idea that every office needs and could keep someone occupied for the cold winter months. >< Now if we could just get someone to do it in Sketchup.
5
5

Gluing Composite Material
I have 3 broken Queen Ann ball & claw stool legs to repair. The legs are made of some sort of composite material. What is needed to glue these back together, epoxy or something else. I'll likely drill...
12
12