Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 532
This week's set has been posted: Larger images: Rob What is it?
24
24

Finishing question
I have two quite possibly contradictory requirements. 1. The finish should not look "built up". A more natural, low-luster sort of look is preferred. 2. The pieces in question (end tables) will almost...
20
20

Door Design
Pretty nifty design. Would you want one? http://www.ohgizmo.com/2014/02/12/worlds-most-awesome-door-reinvents-the-wheel/
18
18

Count the things that can go wrong.
It is a small wonder why WW magazines content is iffy. These guys are mostly beginners and have not learned the proper way to do things. I bet he wonders how he can keep from burning his cherry.
5
5

Identifying buck-boost transformer windings?
Hey dave.. Imagine only sending this to groups that would be interested. Woodworking , probably not -=-=-=- Leon, Frequently wood- and metal-working groups are interested in mains wiring for their...
2
2

For Sale: 14" Bandsaw and Horizontal Boring Machine
Clearing out a few items in the San Francisco Bay area Ridgid 14" Bandsaw Lobo Horiz Boring machine http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/4325168762.html...

anyone need a 36" bandsaw?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWERMATIC-36-VERTICAL-WOOD-CUTTING-BAND-SAW-BW-900-/130807201527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Re: tips for kids projects?
About 15 years ago there was a company making kid-friendly woodworking tools - seems that I remember a scroll saw and lathe. Tools were small and plastic, and came with a good supply of balsa blocks...
1
1

Bandsaw metrics
The belt on my bandsaw is slipping. I have tightened it as far as the motor will move already. I decided to take it and get a new belt. Now the good part. The lower wheel will have to be removed. It...
38
38

tips for kids projects?
My daughter is interested in making dollhouse scale stuff. I've purchased some bags of small craft wood and she's made some tables and chairs, and a bed. I've also taught her how to use the Dremel...
6
6

Today's progress
Yesterday I posted some pictures of some slotted mortises to allow wood movement when a wide solid wood panel is attached by screws. Today I attached the panels and... And made an "L" shaped bracket...

Bill here's a support stand for long objects for your saw.
Hopefully you can see these two files. I was looking around my old magazines the other day for something. This has one deficiency, which I have an image that corrects it. On concrete which is not a...
11
11

More Actual Woodworking and another use for the Domino
A few weeks ago I posted some pictures of the twin walnut curio cabinets that I am building for a customer. The bottom cabinets are just about complete. The top, mostly glass, are shown here sitting...
23
23

Need help with my foundation
A few years ago I fixed my foundation leak by my septic pipe. The ingress seal was tar and it was not laid on very well. I re-tarred and used tar paper over it to protect it... seems to work. I have...
2
2

What is it? Set 531
I need some help with 3099 and 3101 this week: Larger images: Rob What is it?
38
38