Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 530
I need some help with number 3096 in this set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
30
30

For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations
For those of you not in snow country.. Some of you got dumped on.. It pays to get the snow off the 1st 2 feet of the roof. I have a snow rake and get about 4 feet off. But assuming most of you...
38
38

Rockler Dovetail jig
I am making a set of drawers with half blind dovetails using my Rockler Dovetail jig. This jig is incredibly difficult to set up to get perfect dovetails. OTOH I don't make a ton of drawers so maybe I...
34
34

Yes, more ideas
I'm still musing on how to build several things for the living room. I think I'm mostly settled on the end tables, but I've just drawn what must be at least the sixth permutation of a set of shelves...
12
12

Where have all the flowers gone?
Pete Seeger 1919-2014
8
8

Re:bandsaws - grizzly or jet
Take all with numerous grains of salt. I got a Grizzly 14" Anniversary version (the black one) with the riser block about 4 months ago. It's my first bandsaw and I have nothing to compare it to. I...

New assesments came out
Well we got our new assesment in. My house went down by 7%. My neighbors went down by 14%. I have no upgrades. They put in a new kitchen, 2.5 baths were redone, new deck, new patio, new walkway. My...
23
23

bandsaws - grizzly or jet
Yeah -- I've done the web search / investigation. Wanted to know what the community opinion was. I'm looking for a bandsaw that's capable of resawing a min of 10". I only have 120. Current Jet pricing...
15
15

OT: Interesting quote
I thought that some might enjoy this quote (which makes me chuckle a little bit at the general nature of human nature): ?At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on...
3
3

spray-can cap conundrum
Any of you old-timers in the same fix I'm in? I was trying to wrench the glass-slick cap off a spray can of Minwax urethane finish last night, and these old hands have lost so much grip strength since...
14
14

RE: O/T: We Never Know
Just found out that an acquaintance of mine suffered a dizzy spell the other night while in the shower and showed signs of loosing motor control functions. Over his objections, the wife called the...
7
7

The carved tree
1) Some where I stumbled upon or maybe someone sent me a picture of a standing tree and after the tree was down and the trunk opened and the inside carved. (That sentence is a discombobulated but...
4
4

A new way to glue up face frame type frames
For years I would use clamps to along the length of the frame or door stiles to pull the rails in and flush with the ends of the stiles. The problem would be if the rails were in too far to begin...
4
4

Crazy? (on topic)
I've been drawing a lot of different things, enough to take me a year to build at my usual pace. But we (now that my wife has found the benefits of custom - if amateur-built - furniture) are...
29
29

Excellent dry lube
Saw on lumberjocks the recommendation for blaster dry lube (PTFE : teflon) as a good dry lube for tables. Doesn't intefere with finishes the guy was saying. Others agreed. I picked up a can as I need...
19
19