Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

#3100 A good solid bow saw?

Bill

Reply to
Bill
3097 An invisible furniture joining fastener?? For example, to hold a leg on a table or cabinet. It goes in a carefully counterbored hole, mates with a similar piece and lets you draw a joint tight.
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
3102 Ice cleat to clamp on a shoe/boot heel? Perhaps used in the days when, a few days a year, ice was gathered from a lake and stored in ice-houses for iceboxes?
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
3098 I'll guess this is used by an upholsterer to cut out a notch in leather in the corner of a sheet being applied to a 3-way orthogonal corner.

On 2/6/2014 4:03 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Rob H. fired this volley in news:lcvj4j0uu2 @drn.newsguy.com:

3097 screw-in shelf support? 3098 picture frame miter cutter? 3099 toothpick dispenser.. shake to dispense? 3100 looks like a bow saw frame to me 3101 whatever they were, they made a bunch of them, because the parts are cast, rather than forged or machined... looks like a fold-away tie-down cleat of some sort. Not a handle, or the center bar would be finished and larger diameter. 3102 Byzantine orthodontic brace

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

3097, maybe some kind of wall hanger for merchandise? 3098, some kind of fabric cutter? 3099, some kind of fluid filter? 3100, farmers portable fence gate? 3011, towel holder? 3012, temporary use horse shoe?

Wow, what a list!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

3097 The screw that locks the scale in a 90 degree square (like a tri-square).

Rich

Reply to
Rich Hare

3102 looks like an old style ice cleat that locks on a shoe heel.
Reply to
Rick

It's not a tool of any type.

Reply to
Rob H.

It isn't for furniture, it's part of something you can buy at the hardware store.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

I don't know exactly what this tool is, I thought it might be a hand miter.

Reply to
Rob H.

Nope

Possibly

Not sure

Nope

Still a mystery

Sounds like a good secondary use for it!

Reply to
Rob H.
3100

Hurdle/Jump for Dog Show.

Reply to
David B

Combination square rule lock bolt. The knurled tightening nut is not shown.

Reply to
Leon

Nope

Not sure, I found a similar one in Google search results, but it was for an ebay page that no longer existed.

This was my first thought but I haven't been able to prove it.

Correct, though not necessarily a gate, it is part of a portable fence that has a specific name.

Don't know

Too small for a horse, although I have seen some small horses on the web

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct, it's part of a combination square, the part on the end fits in the slot of the ruler.

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Rob H.

Hurdle is correct but not for a dog show, this is the name of an old portable fence for livestock.

Reply to
Rob H.