Subject Author Posted Replies

FA: TS-Aligner Jr 16 available
Recently Ed announced a special on TS-Aligner Jr. if they were willing to purchase as a lot. By purchasing this lot of TS-Aligner Jr's, I can offer these units at a reduced price. This auction is for...
2
2

RE:WOODMASTER DRUM
I have the 26" Woodmaster Drum Sander and have installed the reversing switch for the belt. I would not be without it. If you setup and the "cut" is too shallow, without the reversing switch you have...

Best Grooves
OBWW Her Strut - Bob Seger. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits. All She Wants To Do Is Dance - Don Henley. Regards, Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
54
54

What is "Lyptus?"
Three places that carry hardwoods in my area have something called Lyptus. In color and grain structure it looks similar to Genuine Mahogany, but it may be a little harder and heavier. What is it, and...
15
15

Shelf Brackets for Medicine Cabinet
I want to build a medicine cabinet using melamine for the internal box and glass shelves, but have been unable to find brackets to hold the shelves. Due to space restrictions, I need to minimize the...
7
7

opinions needed
I am installing a gas fireplace in a home I am currently rehabbing that I am going to be moving into by the end of the year. What I want to do is build stone surround for the fireplace, 4' tall x 4'...
15
15

New Ridgid Router Combo
Was browsing Home Depot over the weekend and they were setting up their Christmas Gift isle and I noticed a new Ridgid Router Combo: isn't on the Home Depot website yet, but from what I could tell it...
5
5

Planer and finishes?
Hi, I have some old woodwork, specifically door frames of decent dimensions and lumber. They're at least 30 years old and can't have been refnished in over 25 years, the length of time I've lived...
9
9

woodmaster drum sander - reersing feature question
Hi folks, I'm geting ready to get a woodmaster drum sander (the big 50" model), and have been trying to figure out if it worth adding the reverse feature. All it does is reverse the feed belt...
1
1

Tightening the collar on a router bit
I have a router bit with a bearing that goes on the shaft, and a collar that holds it in place with a little set screw. The set screw head stripped ( the allen head socket). I replaced it, and the...
13
13

Craftsman 10" T-Saw.... Back on line --- Slightly improved
Hello, Had to part with my Delta 10" tablesaw... When I got it to babysit I was really hoping it would be for the long haul, but alas it wasn't meant to be... Oh well... we make do. When I realized I...
8
8

steel city drum sander
Anyone have experience with the 55220? It's a 26" dual drum sander. Looks great, also expensive. Looks like the only dealer here in the chicago area is berland's. They're supposed to call me back with...
6
6

SoCal (Simi Valley) Woodworking...
I am moving to Simi Valley, CA tomorrow from Dallas, TX. There we had several Rocklers and Woodcrafts all within 45 minutes of where I lived. Not knowing the lay of the land, does anyone here know any...
28
28

Good article about waterborne finish
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/materials/materialsPDF.aspx?id=27123
2
2

water based poly.
I used oil base poly on my interior windows and trim. I have added some display shelves above some of the windows .If I use a water based polyurethane will there be a difference. thanks
4
4