New Ridgid Router Combo

Was browsing Home Depot over the weekend and they were setting up their Christmas Gift isle and I noticed a new Ridgid Router Combo:

isn't on the Home Depot website yet, but from what I could tell it was pretty nice. Everything you would expect, soft start, variable speed w/feedback, and it also has through the table depth adjustment.

I'm in the market for a new router since all I have now is a chinese POS, and at $169, it will definately be on my Christmas list. :)

Reply to
Locutus

Just make sure that the Ridgid isn't a Chinese POS, too...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Why would you consider an unknown quantity when DeWalt 618PK and Bosch

1617 can be had for about the same price.
Reply to
tommyboy

> It isn't on the Home Depot website yet, but from what I could tell it was

I bought a Ridgid Laminate trimmer from HD. It is made in China. It cost twice as much as the Ryobi model, but it seems okay, I don't know if it is really better. It is the first one I've had.

-S

Reply to
SimonLW

The DeWalt and Bosch are $50-$100 more and from I can tell from the product description neither offers through the table height adjustment.

Reply to
Locutus

The Milwaukees do.

Reply to