Subject Author Posted Replies

Considering a Jointer
I am torn between a small benchtop jointer or one like a Yorkcraft. One consideration is that my shop is in the basement and I prefer take my tools out on the patio to keep the dust down. Do jointers...
11
11

INSPIRATION - Ten Legged Chair
I'd never make one of these myself; it's bad enough with a four legged chair, it'd drive me nuts if I needed to shim a lag to keep it from wobbling. I had a chair once that wobbled so bad I had to...
5
5

What is Home Depot like on Black Friday?
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday. I hate crowds, though. Regards, Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
17
17

FYI: Steel City Table Saw Review
There have been a few folks here asking about Steel City Table saws. Tools of the trade reviewed the 35601 along with 7 others: FWIW, they ranked it below a Jet, Grizzly, and a Dewalt Paul Franklin
3
3

Compressor Question
I currently have the Porter-Cable pancake compressor, and these are the stats: 6 Gallon 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI Compressor sits at 150 PSI, and kicks on at 135 PSI 2 Horse Motor 30 seconds for tank to come...
5
5

How attach cabinet face frame to carcass?
How do you best mount a cabinet face frame? I have already made a carcass and it has raised panels on both sides. I now want to use a face frame to mount 3 doors (previously was just going to edge...
14
14

Comments on King KC-2105C Dust Collector
Hi, I have a small shop 25' x 15' and I'm looking for a dust collector. I have the usual machines, TS, drill press, jointer, router etc, and I will only be running one machine at a time. I've looked...
7
7

Greene & Greene Lamps design
I am building a pair of small lanterns for my living room and am basing them on the lamps I have seen in some pictures of the Gamble House and Thorsen House. Though I am not trying to build...
12
12

Hinges - comments solicited
I'm gonna try something new (I think) and order either the Ferrari or Hettich hinges from (probably) CSHardware. But, if anyone has any personal experiences regarding either/both of these, I'd...
5
5

Woodcraft clamp sale
I just got this in an email, and it seemed like too good a deal to pass up. I'm sure not the best quality, but still.... http://www.woodcraft.com/corpnewsletter.aspx?refcode=07IN11NL
11
11

Finishing a mantle
I am finishing a mantle made of Red Oak, and am looking for recommendations on finishing techniques that can withstand a little bit of heat. Tung oil? Polyurethane? Lacquer? Any ideas would be...
5
5

Drum Sander Grit?
Last Friday I purchased a 25" dual drum sander and was wondering you could share with me how you use yours and what grit of paper you keep in stock. I got the machine wired up and running last night...
11
11

Sharpen drill bit on a drill press
A while back I had to drill out a bolt and went through several bits. Dulling them, snapping them and as a bonus I also snapped a misnamed easy-out. Buy new bits? Nah, they cost too much for a decent...
30
30

Trim router base
I have a Ridgid laminate trimmer. It has a small round base (like a mini router). I find is somewhat difficult to balance the router on the edge of the work and trim. I'd like to remove the clear base...
3
3

Router technique for difficult edge
I am trying to finish up my first major furniture project (a tv stand), and want to ask for your expert advice. I need to route what I guess you would call the dust skirt of this project. At any rate,...
3
3