Wireless doorbells

I'll second that. You also need a range of security codes so that you can eliminate interference to/from your neighbours. Go for the longest range you can find - brick walls attenuate the signal considerably.

Think about the Friedland doorbell extender - allows you to keep your original bell, but also sounds the wireless bell so only one push needed. You can alse power you receiver from a suitable wall wart if it stays in one place for most of the time.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Really? I have two bells wired in parallel. One at the top of the house, one on the ground floor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, 2 Bryson SX wireless *bells* (not chimes - I hate those effing things) 'en route'.

Thanks, all.

Reply to
Huge

Never visit France then.

Every building associated with transport has poncey bingly-bongs preceding announcements on the PA.

Reply to
Andy Hall

*Such* a long list ...

Our last house had one of those mechanical "ding-dong" things. I swapped the chimes over so it went "dong-ding", so at least we stopped thinking there was someone at the front door every time there was one on the telly.

Reply to
Huge

Door bells are the worst. They seem all have exactly the same subjective pitch.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)