Whats a reasonable quote for...

Taking out external door. Bricking up an external door (single layer redbrick, properly kitted into existing brick - basically a garage) and rendering over it on outside only - going to drywall / insulate inside myself.

Plus Fitting new (possible recycled from above) external door in another slot plus some 'padding' out area with wood panelling besdie door to fit gap.

I'm just thinking labour costs - materials I can guesstimate.

Can someone give me an idea of how long this should take and roughly how much I should be getting quoted? It's Oxon so labout rates are prety high, but I've never had quotes for this kind of stuff before so an idea would be nice. On a limited timescale so getting range of quotes is tricky, and need to make quick decision if I should do it myself or get someone in.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Irwin