Welsh speaker/writer needed please

We want to make a birthday card for our Welsh grandson. Can anyone help?

I just want a few words and know what I want. If you could mail me I'd appreciate it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

try

Ian Cornish

The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I'll try...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nadolig llowen ar blynau newydd yar (or something) :¬)

Reply to
PeTe33

LOL! His mother (our daughter) is as pedantic as I am. "Or something" isn't good enough, I don't want to be the object of her scathe :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hmmm. "Merry Christmas and happy new year".

Try "Penblwydd Hapus".

Reply to
Hywel Jenkins

Ah - I thought I recognised it :-)

I want more than that!

Thanks to everyone, an authoritative source has mailed me and has said exactly what I want :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hut......Baaaaaaaaaa

Sorry...

For some reason, when I read the title, I saw it as "Welsh Speaker Wire needed please" I was thinking what the hell is the difference!!

Reply to
Sparks

You measure the impedance in di-ohms?

Reply to
John Rumm

I wonder if you email one of the tourist boards you might get some assistance :-)

(especially if you ask for some numbers for local hotels so you can arrange a "surprise birthday party")

Reply to
Colin Wilson

For a one year old?

I have had superb help from a surprising source - generated from my original post!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Don't forget the multicoloured baker, Dai the Bread.

Reply to
Guy King

As long as you promise not to suggest "Twll din pob cymraeg" as the inscription.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But how do you know that it's not obscene?

Reply to
Andy Hall

He's the electrician....

Dai Electric. (look you).

Reply to
Andy Hall

But can you trust it?

(It wasn't Dr. Drivel was it?)

That would be a surprising source.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That'll be Dai Versity B.Sc. Educated, look you.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Tut tut!