Wasps!

"Chav's" of the insect world then Suz ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

could also have set fire to the tree and the surrounding shrubbery. Bad idea in my opinion. :( Would've made a good picture of them diving though. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Meanwhile the ones waiting to drown themselves buzz around and you're much more likely to get stung by them.

Reply to
usenet

No.

He is, I've met them both :-) Lovely folk.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's certainly true that they've been around far longer than humankind. That's success!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, it is in some ways.

..ok, prawns

Can they? Pigs can, it seems.

What on Earth is Aresnal???

It's legend, dear, look it up.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not IME.

Reply to
Huge

: > Best treatment I ever found for 'em was soaking the byke (which was : > hanging from a tree over a river) in meths,...

: could also have set fire to the tree and the surrounding shrubbery. Bad : idea in my opinion. :( Would've made a good picture of them diving though.

Wouldn't have mattered really - they'd made the tactical mistake of building the nest at the end of a long single branch overhanging water.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

It's the north London equivalent of Ledes FC. :-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

Ah - er - you mean Ledes United FC?

(just to show that I know SOMETHING about "The Beautiful Game"

Blech.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Beautiful? In Ledes? :-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

Leodis actually. It's a long time since you came - the answer is yes - apart from football :-(

You should know better than to believe everything in the meeja ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But I was only referring to the football (on this occasion).

Reply to
Howard Neil

In that case I'll bow to your greater experience.

Make the most of it :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I am stunned. I have printed out a copy of this post, to keep for posterity. It must be the heat. :-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

Heat is pretty stunning in its effect. Make the most of it, it will go back to your usual wet Wales.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh yes please. The heat has made some beautiful hay. I now want some rain to get the grass growing again (not that there is any shortage).

Reply to
Howard Neil

Daughter's hay is splendid too but she can't cut it until after tomorrow I think it is - some scheme or another.

And our vegetables are also superb.I'll be sending Mrs N a picture of the rose.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Sounds like the scheme I am in; Tir Gofal. As you know, the weather is a bit of a hobby with me. I saw the excellent prospects of the good weather, with the weather deteriorating afterwards, so I contacted CCW and obtained a derogation to cut early (using the weather prospects as my argument).

Tell your daughter that there is a slight risk of light rain tomorrow (Friday), a couple of days of dry but cooler weather, a slight (very slight) risk of showers on Monday, fine and dry (and warm) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with rain before the end of the week. Please also note that three days is a long time in weather forecasting and the further away the forecast, the less accuracy there will be.

Thanks.

Reply to
Howard Neil

excellent- will get a jar of hartleys :-)

John

Reply to
Jape