Grr.. stupid bl**dy plumber

Went to have a look at my daughter's CH boiler that is losing pressure.
Changed the PRV but that didn't help and after watching it for a bit it was clear that the pressure was rising too high.
Went to check the expansion vessel and it looks like it can be fitted two ways around. Needless to say, it was fitted in the way that made getting a pump on it an absolute pain in the arse.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j0PeIVUfNOrTUX7p1
Very hard to get any sort of pump adaptor on to the valve with it pointing toward the hanging bracket.
With the tank flipped the other way around it'll probably point towards the other bracket (not visible) but will be further from the wall so easier to access.
These things are sent to try us...
Tim
On 21/11/2017 18:45, Tim+ wrote:

A bike pump will fit that with ease. The flexible bit screws on rather than a car pump with a bloody big lever.

No it f*cking doesn’t!!
I had to go out and buy a cheapo bike pump as my track pump head wouldn’t fit in the space available. The flexible adapter did screw on but it was damned awkward as the bracket *almost* precluded getting the threaded end lined up properly.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 21/11/2017 19:36, Tim+ wrote:

So it fitted then?

But most definitely not "with ease".
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:52:35 +0000

There are many variations of "bike pump", some may indeed fit easily in that situation, but some won't easily and some may not at all.
jim <k> Wrote in message:

The usual, loss of system pressure requiring frequent top ups. No other leaks from system.
A failed expansion vessel was always the likeliest cause but PRVs are cheap so I thought it would be worth replacing, especially as I had witnessed it passing water at less than 2 bar.
After replacing the system pressure rose to over 3 bar quite quickly and then the new PRV started passing water.
Tried recharging the expansion vessel but it wouldn't hold pressure.
Tim
On 22/11/2017 08:19, Tim+ wrote:

did you remember to leave the system open as you pumped up the expansion vessel? You can't fill the vessel with air unless the water can empty from it. It needs to be all air at about 15 psi before pressurising the system.

Quote: “but it wouldn’t hold pressure”. It’s knacked. Yes, I do know to recharge with the system open.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

New expansion vessel arrived today and on closer inspection the chamber can only be fitted one way around.
So, apologies to the plumber who is exonerated and brickbats to the boiler designers. To give them their dues, despite being mounted behind the boiler it wasn't that hard to change once I'd worked out how to lift out the old one. (Bootlace lasso around the Schrader valve).
This is the lovely water that came out of the expansion chamber.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vAaeBXsHXiiNvmVs1
Tim