Bl**dy bra wires!

Washer has stopped full of water, says she...

Pull it out, jack it up, using wood blocks a little at a time, so as to get it high enough to let it syphon itself via the drain pipe into a bowl.

It needs to be high anyway, to get to the pump and filter. A flat curved strip of rusty wire and made its way partially through the filter, wedging the pump impeller solid. Other than that, clean as a whistle - so take that Calgon lol

Now on test, still up in the air, balanced on a pair of Stella crates.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Talking of which - Saturday, a tail-lift truck pulls up at neighbours. Out jumps the driver, drags a new washing machine onto lift, jumps down and proceeds to pick the machine up off the lift, with the lift still at chest height. He then carries the washer into neighbours and walks out with the old one grasped at chest height to drop onto the lift.

Lift broken? Not at all, he then drops the lift down, to climb on to it and back up to push the old washer into the van.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Jimmy Saville never had that problem.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Ours was making a godawful racket recently, there was one stuck in one of the holes in the drum.

Reply to
R D S

That's exactly what the hulking great removal man did with our washing machine!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Lot esier to carry an object that is already at 'carry height'

Lifting shit is what does your back in.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As Tom Jones said, Its not unusual. Indeed you were lucky not to have the impeller blades sheered off, them wires is mighty strong, . Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I bet you didn't tell her to handwash them in future though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Reminds me of when our wood burning stove was delivered,Ok It a small one in the scheme of things but I could only just lift it a few inches unassisted when installing. The courier whom we had already nicknamed IGOR from previous visits was built like one of those blokes who takes part in the worlds strongest men competitions and by the accent was East European. Opened the door to find him holding the wooden packing box enough with one hand and arm and shoulder and the other hand holding the machine to sign on with the other. Vere you vant box put plis ?

I?m glad he just didn?t pass it to me.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Bob Eager used his keyboard to write :

Can't beat having it down on the ground and a sack barrow.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield