Bl**dy dishwasher

Hi all, I have a Siemens SE64630GB dishwasher that has steadily deteriorated in performance and now is unusable.

Tried the usual filter cleaning, drain pump clearing and checking for blockages in the spray arm pumps - all OK. Nothing sticking through the baskets when loaded.

Top shelf spray arm doesn't spin, bottom shelf arm does spin. Top shelf crockery therefore very dirty after wash and bottom shelf is cleaner but not great.

I feel that not enough water is being pumped into the upper arm to cause it to spin, maybe because the docking connection that joins the upper spray arm to the vertical feed pipe is not making a good joint and water is escaping. Or the upper spray arm 'bearing' seems to have a loose fit where water could escape before being forced into the arm.

Presumably there's a water pump that should force water into the spray arms? If so it's not obvious where it is.

Seen a Haynes dishwasher manual but it looks a bit out of date to me.

I've seen a post that suggests drilling a couple of 3mm holes in the sides of the spray arm to aid with centrifugal force that a few people have had success with. Tried it but no luck.

I'm probably gonna buy this spare arm and try it...

wondered if anyone has any other advice before I start splashing out.

Incidentally, what does this do?

blackbat

Very similar to our Bosch. Get your parts direct from them - really quick and probably cheaper.

Sounds like an internal blockage.

Or the water isn't getting there.

Have a look at the exploded diagrams.

It is, but some good tips sometimes.

Wouldn't have done that. Ultimately will probably just reduce the pressure.

Don't go to Currys - go to the manufacturer. See this website...

Siemens and your model number - best add the two digit suffix (/nn) to the above.

Then browse the diagrams. I'd suggest taking the side off and watching the pipes. Probably just two screws inside the front (take the left side off first) although if there's a worktop you'll need to remove it. On mine, it's two plastic push-up latches at the rear.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well - I thought that if water is leaking out at back or at bearings then £19 would be worth a punt.

Reply to
blackbat

Could be that the impeller of the pump has worn and the water pressure is low. Can't see that the arm would need replacing unless you can see damage.

Reply to
John

Could be. If it's anything like my old Bosch DW then the impellor is made of very flimsy plastic.

Reply to
Mark