Wallpapering a chimney Breast.

Whilst on the subject of wallpapering......

I want to wallpaper one wall of my living room. It has a chimney breast with a fire. The chimney breast is a about 2 and 2/3rds of a roll wide.

My question is: Should I start with a full width right in the centre or a full width either side of the centre line?

I've not done wallpapering for a very long time so approaching it as a novice.

mark

Reply to
Mark

I think the recieved wisdom is to start with a centralised strip.

Lucky you :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Plain paper, start with a full width in the centre; patterned paper, ensure that the pattern is centralised, even if that means that the paper is 1/4 or 1/2 width off centre

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

.. >

.. >

.. >Whilst on the subject of wallpapering...... .. >

.. >I want to wallpaper one wall of my living room. It has a chimney breast with .. >a fire. .. >The chimney breast is a about 2 and 2/3rds of a roll wide. .. >

.. >My question is: Should I start with a full width right in the centre or a .. >full width either side of the centre line? .. >

.. >I've not done wallpapering for a very long time so approaching it as a .. >novice. .. >

.. >mark .. >

.. >

.. >

Something to avoid, is the edge of the wallpaper not overlapping the corners.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

If I put in a central first strip the strips either side will wrap around the corner.

mark

Reply to
Mark