Wallpapering

I've got a DIY book that says I can paste the wall/ceiling for blow

vinyl. The paper says paste the paper and leave to soak for a fe minutes.

It will be much easier to paste the ceiling. Will it all fall off if do??

Thank

-- Fuoleum

Reply to
Fuoleum

If the wallpaper has been made to be pasted then it will probably fall off/not stick properly if applied dry to a pasted wall or ceiling. But you could always try a length if you have enough to spare/waste.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Use some drawing pins to hold it on until the glue dries?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from Fuoleum contains these words:

It goes all wronkly.

Reply to
Guy King

Soaking the paper does a number of things: it softens the paper base and makes it more flexible, which makes hanging it on less than perfect surfaces easier. It also causes a very small amount of shrinkage as it dries out, which tends to stretch out any small wrinkles and imperfections. If you paste the wall only and not the paper the chances are you will loose most of these benefits.

The papers that are designed to let you paste the wall are usually made completely from a flexible vinyl type of material and don't have a paper backing.

Reply to
John Rumm