Spec / size of pipe between Oil tank and boiler ?

I need to lay a oil feed pipe between the proposed site of the tank and the oil boiler - yet to be decided but will be around 80,000 BTU. Length of the run will be approx 40 feet total, with most above ground tacked along garage wall with the last 15 feet or so dug into lawn and coming up next to house. Only foot traffic on lawn. Questions :

1) What diameter / spec should the pipe be ( plastic coated / sleeved as well under ground in ? waste pipe? ) 2) At what depth should the pipe be buried and should it be laid on sand / sleeved in steel or would waste pipe do if e.g. bricks laid above for protection from spades etc. ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

google oftec - I think they have some technical guides on their wibble

Reply to
John Stumbles

"> google oftec - I think they have some technical guides on their wibble

Thanks John - will have a browse around their site..

What I am not sure is the "procedure / order" to do things...

e.g. does "permission" need to first be granted (by the Council / Building Control / other ) to put a boiler in, or do you just get it done / do it yourself and get it commissioned / signed off by an OFTEC guy when all done and then tell the Council / BCO / others ?

Thanks again,

Nick

Reply to
Nick