Wallpapering

I have a friend (no, seriously!) who lives in a double-wide trailer, and I've been helping her modernize the interior, including hardwood floors, painting, etc. We tried hanging wallpaper in her bathroom and found that we can't get the paper to stick very well, even after priming the wall. The only thing that I can think is that the paper was too cheap (clearance at Lowe's) and/or the glue doens't stick very well to whatever that type of wall material is. I know that walls aren't drywall, and it almost seems like a tileboard type of material (the kind that has the strips that connect the panels. Does anyone have any idea? Or should I be asking this in another forum?

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris!

C > I have a friend (no, seriously!) who lives in a double-wide trailer, and C > I've been helping her modernize the interior, including hardwood floors, C > painting, etc. We tried hanging wallpaper in her bathroom and found that w

C > can't get the paper to stick very well, even after priming the wall. The C > only thing that I can think is that the paper was too cheap (clearance at C > Lowe's) and/or the glue doens't stick very well to whatever that type of C > wall material is. I know that walls aren't drywall, and it almost seems C > like a tileboard type of material (the kind that has the strips that connec

C > the panels. Does anyone have any idea? Or should I be asking this in C > another forum?

It may be possible the wallpaper has old or barely any glue on it. have you tried applying wallpaper paste to a strip or two to see if that solves the problem? We had a similiar problem here a while back: the adhesive just didn't work so applied paste.

  • Not-so-Good Movies: The Good, the Bad, and the Homely.
Reply to
barry martin

If you primed it than get some wallpaper glue and glue all sheets,

Reply to
mark Ransley