Unbelievably OT ..

I walked down a street where the houses were numbered 64K, 128K, 256K,

512K and 1MB. That was a trip down memory lane.

Stolen from UK divers forum

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

Surprised you did not catch the bus instead...

Reply to
John Rumm

Were you wearing a mac?

Were the drives parallel or serial?

Sounds like a bit of a SCSI neighbourhood to me.

Was it inhabited by WAN***s?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

52deg 30min 11sec N 2deg 0min 42sec W
Reply to
Graham.

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I bet you ran away in a FLASH before some on RAM RAIDed you.

Reply to
dennis

Would appear to be somewhere off the coast of lowestoft?

Reply to
John Rumm

Looks more like Oldbury, nr. West Bromwich to me.

Lowestoft is East of the Greenwich meridian.

HTH HAND etc.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

First time I'd seen it; but we bought a used small table saw recently from a house numbered 52 and half!

Not bad deal for 30 bucks (about 20 quid?). It works and the 10 inch blade on it isn't in too bad a state!

Reply to
terry

:-) I did pass a town yesterday occupied by 8192 souls (they put census counts on the signs over here) and thought it would have been better written as 8KB...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Wasn't Memory Lane in the DEC site in Boston, Mass.? (Along with Disk Drive.)

Reply to
Huge

Since we're OT, I'll bet no one knows why Eau de Cologne is called

4711.

MM

Reply to
MM

Paul Herber

Oops, yup missed the "W"... still none the wiser mind you.

Reply to
John Rumm

Near me in Harrow, there is a road (and housing estate) built on the former site of the council's driving school. That old school was a collection of nicely tarmac'ed junctions made so that learners can take their stalling time away from the nasty real traffic out there - they have now rebuilt the school on the other side of the borough.

Anyway, that road name? It's 'Learner Drive'. I quite like that :-)

-&-

On an anorak kind of thing, landing 'CV10 0TU' into google maps and zooming out a bit in satellite mode, shows the test tracks for the Motor Industry Research Association? (MIRA) - the location refered often on Top Gear as 'top secret'. Er, nice tracks and junctions ...

BTW going TOT, interesting'ish article on their home page on an electric vehicle conversion.

Adrian C

Adrian; couldn't find it ................ ? Even using the search space!

Reply to
terry

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Did you stop in the pub for a wee DRAM? Or something more SIMMple?

And was it a ROMan road?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

To keep firmly OT I once knew someone who claimed to have broken down and rung the AA. They asked him where he was, and he looked at a road sign and said 'Watling Street'. They asked him to be a little more specific.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Stay awake at the back! Memory Lane, WV11 1SD

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Number 32 is a single mother boarding house.

Don't PATA the dog, it bytes.

Her at number 64 is always good for a nibble.

The road was closed and I had to backup.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

(sort of conversion in as much it was once a work bench, two mopeds and an aircraft role electric motor). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m