This puts an angle grider to shame

Actually he did do one reinforced concrete job, a 450ft power station chimney on Canvey Island, Essex. Things didn't go quite to plan and the chimney started to crumble whilst he was still putting the props in. He legged it quick and the chimney came down, roughly in the right place, without having to bother with the fire.

Reply to
pcb1962

Steve Walker

They used one of these taking down the chimney in Edgbaston for the new super hospital they're building there.

Apparently, it's the biggest moveable machine in Europe ... it reminded me of the vehicles they used to transport the Apollo rocket to the launch pad.

Reply to
Jethro

Gosh. Id like to have that one under me thumbs clamped round Gordon Browns nuts..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher