shame on who

you bought a tool long ago

the quality was just so so

it got the job done but the cord has deteriorated and is crumbling now other parts just have not held up

so do you avoid that brand now when thinking of a replacement

or maybe they realized the error of their ways

will the next brand be any better

fool me once shame on you and fool me twice shame on me

other tools with much older cords and parts keep on ticking

planned obsolescence is a very bad strategy with tools as it taints the brand

Reply to
Electric Comet

burma shave

Reply to
krw

I've been avoiding Chrysler vehicles since I had a serious lemon with the LeBaron decades ago.

I usually avoid a brand if it proved faulty at one time, BUT, I will consider a second chance if I discover improvements/enhancements with latest models.

Reply to
Meanie

;~)

Reply to
Markem

blah, blah, blah I bought a Hilti TE10 or 20 I think from a garage sale. The outer part of the cord was all gone, and where it wasn't it just broke away.

So do I think Hilti is garbage? NO. I think the cord was. I bought a cord and replaced it.

You know the manufacturer of the machine does not make the cord, they buy them,or have them made to a contract.

Reply to
woodchucker

thought hilti was all air powered but anyway in my case it was more than the cord and showed a lack of attention to important details

have had good luck with makita so that is what i get next

some of my old tools have cords that are still fine so the bad cord materials in some newer tools is a problem

mutual assured disappointment as i have said before the customer dislikes the brand now and the brand loses a customer

read today that french govt is seeking out companies purposefully making things that have a lifespan that is short

not to congratulate them

so if the seats in the car go you blame the upholsterer

the trunk hydraulic arm fails so you blame the arm maker or the maker of the seal on the arm because the arm maker contracted out the seal

Reply to
Electric Comet

how do you discover the improvements

with tools especially there are always the brand cheerleaders

Reply to
Electric Comet

amazingly there are some who know what they're talking about

Reply to
krw