Cummins 3253 Faceplate

Does anyone know where I can find a faceplate for this lathe?

Reply to
tab9899

It's likely a standard thread. Just match the faceplate to the lathe. Nothing magic here (other than determining the thread, perhaps). There are also converters available if the faceplate you want isn't made in that thread.

Reply to
krw

Nice! Thank you for your feedback.

Reply to
tab9899

Nice! Thank you for the feedback.

Reply to
tab9899

replying to krw, Sparkey601 wrote: It is not the thread, it is the diameter. Its 5/8th " and 8 tip, I would like to know where to go to get an adapter collar for a nova chuck please

Reply to
Sparkey601

replying to krw, Sparkey601 wrote: It is not the thread, it is the diameter. Its 5/8th " and 8 tip, I would like to know where to go to get an adapter collar for a nova chuck please

Reply to
Sparkey601

A truly non-standard thread if ever I saw one. And not one that Nova supports with their standard adapters. All is not lost though. Hand one of these:

to any machinist along with the internal thread specs and you should have something back in maybe an hour.

Reply to
John McGaw

As others have said, you first need to know the thread pattern of the heads tock, knowing the Morse taper of the headstock and tailstock would not hurt either. IF its a really weird pattern, get your local machine shop to tur n you an adapter and bring it up to 1x8.

Reply to
Dr. Deb