Textured paint

Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor patching with filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that ideally the ceiling should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an option at present.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

There used to be a paint that was full of pearlite granules that was used a lot. My bathroom walls are done with it. Lethal if in bath and one rubbs sensitive areas against it while undressed. No idea what it was called but it came in loads of colours....

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Yes, I know that there's some dodgy stuff out there calling itself 'textured', that's why I was wondering if anyone here had used something similar that they would recommend. I haven't used anything like it myself for many years so I know very little about it.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Should only be used as a last resort as it makes future work on the ceiling almost impossible.

Reply to
F Murtz

Paper it first & then paint. (Lining paper)

Reply to
harry

That was my advice, but he doesn't want to do that as access is apparently difficult because of recently fitted units.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

I can relate to that, having had a sod of a job removing some that was on the lounge celing of our house when we moved in.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Recommend? hardly. Filler or plaster.

NT