Textured Paint removal

Hello.

Several years ago I tried to put some textured paint on a ceiling. I did a terrible job. I used some paint from Home Depot.. Is there a way to remove this paint? I saw in another post regarding removing a popcorn ceiling someone recommended spraying it with warm water. Is this the same thing? If not how do I get it off? Or how do I fix it?

Thanks for any thoughts...

Reply to
David DeBoer