I have a popcorn ceiling in my house. I am assuming it has asbestos.
I have the safety issues worked out. I am just trying to remove it.
My problem is the removal process. The popcorn material has been
encapsulated with one or more layers of paint. I have tried to use
water and water with soap to wet the ceiling. But it isn't working.
It is not getting through the paint layer. I am looking at scraping
the lower layers that are dry.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get through the paint? I have
thought about a paint stripper but reading the labels, it looks like
the fumes are pretty toxic and require ventilation. My rooms are
taped pretty well to prevent ventilation.
I am stuck and could use some advice. Thanks in advance for any
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.