textured exterior black wood paint?

I have taken the soffits off my roof and am sanding, filling and painting them. Originally they had a sandy surface, but all I have found is shiny black gloss which shows up uneven where it goes over the smooth filled patches, compared to the textured parts. A textured finish would hide the imperfections. Where can I buy such? googling [textured exterior black wood paint] doesnt work. Is there perhaps a textured undercoat I could put under the gloss topcoats? Or am I using the wrong words in my googling?
[g]
george [dicegeorge] wrote:

the original paint seems to have no undercoat, could it be bitumen paint which i think iv heard of from somewhere? [g]
george [dicegeorge] wrote:

sounds more like sandtex.
Just mix some sand or filler of some sort with the paint.

fine sand, and use bitumen rather than gloss paint. no undercoat needed.
NT
NT wrote:

Sand doesn't disperse well in paint. You end up with a mess basically

To get a textured finish you just need to mix a little into the paint on a tray, not much. and dab a bit on the workpiece. It doesnt take much sand to break up the smooth surface. Doesnt really have to be sand either, any inert stuff would do.
NT