Exterior painting and wood rot questions

I have a window frame and one corner has a small piece of wood rot. I suspect also that gloss was applied over gloss as this is all peeling.

I am going to use ronseal wood rot liquid in the rot area and then fill with an exterior filler. Once I sand down the rest of the wood should I give some sort of preservative coat first before undercoating/painting? Could I use the ronseal wood rot for this?

Any thoughts on undercoat & gloss paint regarding makes, I will probably buy from the local screwfix.

thanks

Reply to
SS