Textured paint?

What's your take on textured paint...

Reply to
clevere

It isn't smooth.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

I thought about going this route...until I realized that if I ever wanted something different after I did it, it would be a PITA to get rid of it.

KD

Reply to
KD

D > clevere wrote: D > > What's your take on textured paint... D > D > It isn't smooth.

That was a rough answer!

  • Butt softly....the wind through yonder pants seat breaks.....
Reply to
barry martin

How did you come to that conclusion? I figured it would be an easier way to cover up repair jobs in the wall..

Reply to
clevere

I've used the stuff from Home Depot, the Behr texture that comes in 2 gallon buckets. This stuff is basically cement. It took about four hours to put it on a 12x12 ceiling. The day before we primed it with some heavy duty primer. That was 2 years ago and it still looks good.

If your ceiling isn't in the best shape, then I wouldn't use this stuff. My parrents used this stuff about 20 years ago, and a few weeks later it started to fall off.

There is a durrent thread in this group about thinned joint compound. This would definately be lighter and easier on you ceiling.

Reply to
Scott