Textured and smooth masony paint

Is it OK to use a smooth paint on an existing textured finish - presume it will just reduce the textured appearance a bit.

E.

Reply to
eastender

I have done this in the past. The smooth is always better, it doesn't hold as much muck and is easier to wash down.

You will need to prepare the existing. Tedious job.

Reply to
harryagain

Well, fine but if the textured finish is one of those wall coating treatments, it can either flake off or make the material less likely to be able to bend and stretch as the house moves. That has been my experience at any rate. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff