Speaker cone been poked!

I avoid speakers that are designed to get damaged in normal use. If theyre that inadequately engineered they would not be on my buy list. Yes I know, circumstances... but if you buy stuff that badly designed youre gonna get problems, thats why I dont buy it.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Perhaps Santa does, which would explain why Mungo never got one.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yet I ended up working at the place that makes (made) them for ten years, by which time I was obviously sick of the sight of them.

Funny old world, innit?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

But these are Philips - "Simply years ahead". Perhaps in the future children will be born without fingers but only Philips know?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Triang?

My son had a Scalextric for a while but it wasn't an enduring hobby....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" writes

A bit like all my friends at school who worked for Chuckie Chickens

probably not eaten chicken in 30 odd years after that

Reply to
geoff

It was Hornby Hobbies by then, in Margate.

They hardly ever are. I bet you heard "It keeps falling off!!" more than once.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Why not? We can only hope;) Today, many of them seem to be born without the brains / common sense they

*should* have inherited from their parents
Reply to
Jet

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot explained :

If there is access, blow compressed air into the cabinet gently to blow it out. another way would be to apply suction to a tube, which is then placed over the dimple. You could also try forming a seal with something like stiff card over the face of the speaker, then applying a vacuum cleaner to a hole in the card.

Don't over do it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have a feeling that if that were to happen then instead of taking your wife to the maternity unit to give birth you'd have to call McAlpine's to prepare the hole.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I wouldn't use a Dyson. Too powerful.

BB

Reply to
Big Bill

Seriously, the latter would be no bad thing. It would cost a lot, but so does the continual clearing up, insurance claims, ASBOs, and incarceration after the yobs have had their "fun". I would love to gather with other older folk at the bus stop and wave goodbye to a dozen local youths for two years! What "fun" we'd have! And it wouldn't cost the country a bean.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Okay, so (s)he got away with it this time. But there will be other loudspeakers, other irate hi-fi enthusiasts. Sooner or later domestic CCTV will catch them out. What? You mean you don't *have* domestic CCTV? How d'you know that the wife isn't trying to poison you?!!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

The kid would probably be wise to this and persuaded a younger child to use its finger to do the actual poking. Oh, life was so much easier when they were sent up chimneys.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Scalextric always seemed a bit of a swizz to me. It was supposed to be a road race, yet the road had tracks! Do you know of any road that has tracks that aren't called tram tracks? I never wanted to play trams as a kid!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

LOL!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Thanks. I took the speaker apart last night - quite scary inside, they are, for speakers!

I used very sticky masking tape in the end and it eventually popped out again.....but it's still visible to the discerning eye and therefore not "new" any more, so I'm still going to have to beat all the children who came here. If you'll pardon the expression ;o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Got my 3yr old a "My first scalextic" for Christmas. Excellent fun but very scary. The cars have very strong magnets on the bottom and stick to the track to help avoid the car falling off. Works most of the time but means that for 99% of the time the car is going flat out and when the magnet does give way the car launches the length of the living room at a scary speed!

I must say I was rather disappointed at the quality of the track though - very plastic feeling :-(

Also rather disappointed at just how good said 3yr old is at it... ;-)

Darren - must practice

Reply to
dmc

I bet that he can comprehensively program the video as well.... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Find a bit of pipe appx smae diam,eter and suck it out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher