Maytag Oven showing "OFF" after F message

We think the temp sensor is defective, showed an F2 once, whenever we press bake or broil, the display says off.

Would this be normal if the sensor went high above 1100 ohms?

Reply to
jerham

I don't know about displaying "OFF" but what the F-2 means depends on how whatever model of Maytag range you have was designed.

F2 most commonly indicates a problem in the oven sensor or its wiring circuit but can also indicate a problem in the clock relay on models where that relay is part of the electronic control and not on a separate relay board. Replacing the sensor is a relatively cheap thing to try though:

Common Maytag range Oven Sensors:

Maytag Long Oven Sensor

Maytag Short Oven Sensor
JMO