type F connectors

I'm obviously being thick but how do I remove & attach type F connectors from the cable?

Reply to
me

In message , "dave @ stejonda" writes

I'd better just add that I've looked at which seems very clear but doesn't lead me to understand how to remove an NTL fitted connector and refit it anew.

Reply to
me

In message , "dave @ stejonda" writes

The ones I have sort of screw in to the end of the cable between the foil shielding and the inner insulator. Or possibly between the foil and the outer, but they definitely screw in.

Regards, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

Some are crimp conections via a ring over the outer. From your lower post it would appear they maybe this type as its an NTL fit.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave

hi Dave. the type of connector NTL use are crimp on types (special tool) and are not made to be reusable, "the screw on" types as described by Brail are the things to get. regards bob

Reply to
burbeck

In message , burbeck writes

Thanks both. I'd bought screw-on type (from tlc-direct) but was trying to remove the existing plugs. I've cut the cable now and sorted it. :)

Reply to
me

You just cut it off. Replace it with a screw type F plug if you don't have a crimp tool.

You have won a free plug if you email your address to me! Otherwise, available from Maplin and satellite TV emporia in your area!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In message , "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" writes

Thanks for the offer Andy, but I've sorted it now. :)

Reply to
me