Solvent for Scotch sticky tape glue

What's the best solvent for old Scotch translucent tape remains, clagged on a SKY remote control? The plastic tape has gone but the glue is still there. Meths and lighter fluid not very effective. Cellulose thinner disolves the handset but leaves the goo intact.

TIA

john2

Reply to
john2

Steve Walker

More sticky tape often works - wrap round finger sticky side out and dab it onto the sticky patch. Sticky stuff tends to stick better to other sticky stuff better than what it's stuck to.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Brass polish but you have to keep polishing,cleaning polishing, the end result is a new looking remote in one area. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've found that 'sticky stuff remover' works well (no, I'm serious). It used to be a solvent-type liquid, but it's usually an orangey oil these days. Kleeneze do it (at a price) or places such as CPC, etc. Really useful to have around.

Reply to
Bob Eager