SLC disaster

Just to get it off my chest.... mixed up some SLC today, some from a new pack, some from an old. D'oh. After mixing, it was pretty obvious that the stuff wasn't going to self-level - it went on more like plaster. Ho hum, I think, might as well chuck it down anyway. D'oh number 2. Do a pretty good job of getting it smooth and reasonably level, at least on the thick bits, which makes it worth it.

Wait four hours, and notice that it's a) sunk a bit in places, and b) not really setting that well.

Scrape it all off, sweep up, and have cup of tea. I must not use old powder. I must not use old powder.

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

I think that was almost what I got wrong. Live and learn...

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

As I found with some old cement. I filled in chased walls with a mortar mix, everything seemed fine and it's just as well I didn't immediately start to cover over it. Two/three days later it had dried to a crumbly dirt.

Reply to
grimly4

..almost certainly...

Reply to