Single point washbasin taps

Have just got back from a holiday in Italy where the washbasin & bidet were fitted with an Ideal Standard single point tap and waste arrangement. Looked very smart, but in terms of function, there was a lot lacking.

So what is the supposed advantage?

TIA

(At home again, I have simple bib taps and separate waste which just do their job without any fuss.)

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Primarily fashion I suppose; but compared with two bib taps it does at least permit you to run a stream of water at suitable temperature to wash under, without either filling a sink/bidet or freezing/boiling your hands/nether regions.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks David

What it didn't seem to allow was filling the sink or the bidet as both waste plugs sealed very poorly, even when pushed down hard, and apparently into their correct positions. The max depth of water seemed to be around an inch, providing the tap was left running at a high rate! Visual inspection of the sink waste plug suggested some slight wear on the rubber element, but that on the bidet looked "pristine" and still failed to hold any half sensible depth of water above it. As soon as either tap was turned off any water quickly drained away. And I repeat, the waste plugs "appeared" to be correctly seated. (We were in a soft water area with no obvious build-up of crud - unlike back at home.)

Selecting the temperature was, as always in a hotel type situation, very dependent on who else was up and washed before myself...

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart