Spring flowers in Italy

Hi. Does any out there have an idea what type of flowers would typically be in bloom in Italy in April?

We're producing a community theater version of a play that features an castle in northern Italy in the spring. There is much dialogue about an offstage garden being in bloom, and characters walk on carrying flowers several times. We'd like to be as accurate as reasonably possible but, so far, haven't been able to ascertain what flower varieties would be seasonal at that time.

If any of you know, either from your travels or another reliable source, please chime in. Time is running out and we need to get some things ordered. Thank you for any assistance.

Reply to
McJ

"McJ" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Not to be too anal retentive about it, but a lot would depend upon time period and the wealth of the garden's owner. What are those?

Reply to
David Bockman

Olives, and about a thousand other plants! Do a search on Italian Gardens or find one of their botanical garden sites.

Bourne Identity

The time period is 1922 and the owner appears to be relatively affluent, though probably not filthy rich. Thanks.

JK

Reply to
McJ

Well, I was in Rome for Easter and there were hanging clusters of purple flowers on vines everywhere. Common name, too, but I'll be darned if I can think of it right now. If someone knows, please fill in the blank. I will remember when I hear it.

Reply to
Rev "Fragile Warrior"

The Isabella Stuart Garner Museum in Boston is an Italian Palace. It has 6 floral arrangements during the year. One of these has nasturtiums trailing from the balconies around the courtyard. Nastertiums are easy to grow and produce brilliant orange flowers on bright green folliage. If you look at the pix on

you'll be able to see a small shot of the display.

Reply to
Stubby

in the north in april, roses would be king. in the fields, buttercups.

Reply to
simy1

Reply to
presley

Wisteria! Ha. I knew I'd remember it eventually. And they were gorgeous, too.

Giselle

Reply to
Rev "Fragile Warrior"