Woodworking in Italy

We're traveling to Italy in late October. Any suggestions on woodworking-related venues worth visiting? This trip takes us to Rome and north.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

We're traveling to Italy in late October. Any suggestions on woodworking-related venues worth visiting? This trip takes us to Rome and north.

Larry

It might be fun to go to a gondola workshop in Venice.

Tom

Reply to
tdacon

I've seen a few shops with really nice pieces, but never saw a place that made them.

Hint: Pay cash for the best possible prices. Be sure the merchant knows you will be paying case. One particular leather shop we visit every couple of years I can get 60% off or more.

Best place to get cash at a reasonable exchange rate is the ATM (Bancomat). Start with the one at the airport so you have ready cash.

Best restaurants? Walk at least a block off the tourist area and the price goes down, though I"ve never had a bad meal in Italy.

What is the most popular sport in Italy? Soccer? No. Tax evasion; thus the best deals for cash..

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Depeding on your interests, most wooden manufacturing equipment comes from Italy, such as SCM and Morbidelli. I dont know how much you can see there. Look for SCM group on the net

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen