Washbasin tap inserts

My bathroom washbasin taps have plastic inserts in the nozzle with holes in a kind of daisy shape. I suspect they are partly clogged. Are they removable for cleaning as I don't want to damage them by forcing if they are screw-fit or otherwise immovable?

Reply to
Jim S

They tend to be wedged in and by the time you might want to remove them they are either brittle or jammed in with scale or both.

50-50 chance of removal or breakage IME Spray some cillit clang up it over night might help?
Reply to
Bob Minchin

I've had some that you could get out (because part of it sticks out, and you can grab hold of it); and some that were so far in that you couldn't get them out without wrecking them. Basically, they're all different, and you'd need to weigh it up for yourself.

Reply to
Ivan Dobsky

It varies. The one in the kitchen has flats on it, and it unscrews. Most are just pushed in but probably fragile.

Reply to
Bob Eager