Tap dripping.

The tap in our kitchen is dripping constantly. It is a monobloc Quattro tap. Can they be repaired? I am told that it does not have a washer but plates inside it. Ben.

Reply to
Ben

Usually yes.

Either you can buy the plates or a cartridge assembly that fits inside.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Are the plates/cartridge assembly standard or specific to the make of tap. I did a Google search and could not find a reference to Quattro taps.They were fitted by Magnet with the new kitchen about 10 years ago. Ben.

Reply to
Ben

I don't know about the ceramic discs, but I suspect that the cartridges are fairly standard. Those in my Franke tap are interchangeable with normal screw-down tap mechanisms with washers on the end. There was a thread yesterday about identifying a particular tap - which included details of a couple of suppliers of Franke spares. they would probably fit your taps.

Reply to
Set Square

Not so sure about that. My kitchen tap (3 years old/brand unknown/ceramic discs) drips, and I hawked the cartridge around every plumber's merchant in town looking for a replacement, to no avail. Even so, I'd say that removing the cartridge and doing the same thing is probably your best bet.

By the way, it's often worthwhile taking the cartridge to bits and giving it a throrough cleaning; often that's enough to cure it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Did you find any cartridges at all?

I was surprised to find that the cartridges in my Franke tap are dimensionally the same as the works in Armitage Shanks screw-down taps. In other words, the thread and O-ring are the same, and the length and diameter are the same - with the cartridge having an annular seal on the end which seals on the seat where a washer would normally be. So it seems likely that at least some tap bodies can take either type of innards.

There *may* be other sizes of cartridge around, but it was this unexpected commonality between two different makes and types of innards which led me to suggest that they may all be 'standard'.

Reply to
Set Square

The PMs told me to bring mine in, but when they looked at it they said they couldn't help. Can't actually rememember whether it got as far as them getting out new cartridges to compare with mine or not!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Did you end up fitting a new tap? Ben.

Reply to
Ben

The word *Standard* is unknown in plumbing, however a fer number of ceramic tap bodies are the same and will fit, however the threaded part on top which holds the knob is usually (Always for me) different and requires some bodgeitandrun.

-
Reply to
Mark

Erm... not yet I'm afraid!! Not totally down to my lack of round tuits (although that has a fair bit to do with it); but rather that I tried without success to source a similar replacement, ie a ceramic disc mixer tap for a sink with two tap holes; curiously enough I couldn't find one at the time. (any sources, anyone?!!)

David

Reply to
Lobster