Shared Interests

I would like to introduce www.sharedinterests.co.uk to the users of this group. My website is basically an interests site coupled with user contact and information services. If I have offended you then please accept my appologises but I feel that everybody can benefit. Tim Sims.

What is this obsession with usernames and passwords
if it's meant to be a public forum, then keep it that way, keep it open
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Usenames + passwords are probably tied to email addresses, so there's at least some way of trying to make sure that people don't have multiple pseudonyms or post as other poeple. Obviously, people can use different email addresses. IMM kicked up a fuss when someone posted here as him - on other web-based boards if there wasn't username/passwords you could have people posting as anyone.
Most places make it very easy to register - enter your chosen username/password and your email address. Wait 2 minutes for an email. Click on link in email to validate your email address and then you're going. I'm sure the benefits outweigh the problems.