shame this is closing

Also, the bit about Warwick suffering due to next door Leamington becoming a spa is complete cobblers! Leamington was a spa *before* the original shop opened!

Reply to
Roger Mills

That's about right. We've been in to the shop in its present guise a few times, but have never found what we wanted at an acceptable price - if at all.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Have you seen their prices? Make sure you're sitting down...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I heard that and thought they had been reading uk.d-i-y

Reply to
Part Timer

When I moved here, it took me a while to realise they stock just about

+1, one of my kids lives in Fleet and this was a welcome discovery on our first visit to their new house.
Reply to
newshound

Certainly the lighting stuff is unlikely to all have been " cast in their own foundry" , how much for braided cable ,

the much missed Dunns of Blair St in Edinburgh was genuine ironmongers that went afetr 140 odd years, sheet metal sold by weight, Ask for 5mm bolts ? get a patient list of questions length? head , slotted, pozidrive, philips, hex, hex socket,anti-tamper? You need metric fine or coarse? Steel, stainless steel, brass? Black japanned, bright zinc plated , chromium plated , nickel plated.. Then they`d go away, down into depths of building to retrieve the 6 bolts you were after, then wrapped them in a page of old yellow pages kept on counter for the purpose. and cahrge you the 36p + VAT.

Period House reminds me of Italian leather jacket shop also around Edinburgh, the ill starred Mr Toscana appeared to be having a `Divorce Sale` at least annualy for several years from different premises...

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby