Glue for metal to UPVC door?

Daughter bought house where venetion blinds are fitted to the patio doors. The fixing brackets are glued to the doors (not frame). One bracket has come off and she wants to re-glue it. Araldite any use or something else? If I knew there was metal behind the pvc I would use self tappers but I have no idea od pvc door construction.

Reply to
Geo

Could be aluminium though. Self tappers work into uPVC too, even if there's no metal inside. Make sure you don't put a screw through any internal lock mechanism though.

Silicone would probably work too, if the surface contact area is large enough.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel