How to re-flush a protruding corner on an ill-glued hutch glass-panel door repair

I've got a antiqued pine hutch with two 18" x 32" back-paneled glass doors. The rails and stiles are 3/4" stock x 2-1/4", the mutins are 3/4" stock x

3/4". Its got black rod & hinge hardware supporting the doors at the outer 4 corners, and magnet/knob in the centers. The lower left rabbett (groove) and dado corner on the left door was broken and repaired poorly. It was re-glued and the left door closes with a 1/4" protruding gap on its lower right corner, i.e. it is not flush with the face frame. After the accident there was no longer one edge (of the two), on the dadoed stile, because it broke off, so what was originally_n_ glued into _n_ ended up being a _r glued into a _n_, so that is effect just a glued shoulder. The glued part faces forward, there s a chip visibly missing on the back It was re-glued wrong. I assume, with much likelihood, regular yellow wood glue by the amateur who did the repair. I bet the other 3 corners are original.

Is there a way to persuade the corner back into the right position, either by forcing and holding it the opposite way, as-is without separating, or to separate it and re-glue it properly, possibly with a glue-up set slightly in the other direction? Can I separate a joint such as this with (this type of ) glue? Can I crack it loose? Maybe try a forceful twist? I also assume that not a great deal of care was taken to fill the entire gap with glue. I have never tried this, and have no idea how pliable glue is or if I can wait for it to conform to a gradual twist force; nor if I can break the joint, especially while simultaneously constrained at the other 3 corners. It is a fairly big door, I have lots of time, and I can use shims, eyelets, and string, if necc., while the door is in place, and eventual repair indications, or hardware, on the inside parts, is not restricted.

Reply to
bent

um, the stile has the rear side of its dado broken off, That is the "groove". The rail has how do you say the opposite of of a groove, like a rabett without an edge, a double rabbett without edges, kind of like a cheek.

Reply to
bent

I always seem to get the best answers.

Reply to