Self Levelling Screed

That's not strictly true ATM. I would never have got there or even bothered when I had the seasonal flu, but the swine flu I had wouldn't stop me getting there in 30 seconds.

Reply to
dennis

dennis@home wibbled on Monday 01 March 2010 13:27

I can get stuff done in about a 1 hour window of oppertunity, 30 mins after taking the next does of lemsip. after that it goes downhill. ATM I can barely make 5 hours before feeling so crap I make another lemsip, so running on a slight overdose but I don't care...

It's all relative. £50? Feck that. But I can move for drugs and for the bog (I am going to have to be clinically dead before I start pissing the bed!).

Swine flu... Well, I did read the NHS web site. Yes, I have the right number of factors to make it possible, but it's a bit stupid because those factors apply to any flu and even a really bad cold.

So I rang the GP like they said I should. I'm not sure how they know it's swine flu without a blood test? Could be anything.

Anyway, Dave's bat trick didn't work, but Olbas oil helped a bit.

Can't complain - weather's warmer.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts wibbled on Monday 01 March 2010 13:37

GP rang back. "Almost 0% chance of swine flu round here" he said - "fair enough, just doing what the NHS website said to do" I replied. "Get some Solpadeine and some neurofen. Solpadeine 2 off, every 4 hours for the day and neurofen at night".

Boy that solpadeine is good gear. I'm still ill but I don't care about it :) Finally I can treat flu as it should be treated, a good excuse to stay in bed and watch TV.

Pharmacist said "Ah, man flu then". I wanted to say, "but at least I only become completely useless and sociopathic once a decade, not monthly", but as they are the only pharmacist for miles....

Reply to
Tim Watts

If laid correctly they are good ... but they shrink so best to do in 2 pours.

Or are you talking about SelfLeveling compound which is a different thing ..... these are pretty darn expensive

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Rick Hughes wibbled on Thursday 04 March 2010 21:55

Not a problem with Stopgap 300

20 quid a bag isn't expensive for what it does IMO - the OP could sort his floor out to near perfection for around 150 quid allowing VAT and delivery and primer, tools etc and have the job done in a few hours.
Reply to
Tim Watts

Sounds good to me, I'll go there.

Over and Out JonH (The OP)