floor self levelling compound - water or latex based?

I'm being offered 2 types - water or latex based - by local builders merchants. I'm only familiar with the water based type (a black cement like powder you mix into a stiff mix with water & trowel on - not all that easy & I always need more water than specified BTW).

What are the pros and cons of the latex version?

It is a tad more expensive (gbp17 v gbp13) but would be worth it if easier to use.

TIA

Reply to
the yorkshire dalesman

I believe the latex version allows for some flexing, so is better when using over (eg) floorboards. I have just used some myself for this. Doesn't self-level any more than the plain stuff though.

Reply to
rrh

I've found latex based easier to use, and provides a flatter surface!

£13 for none latex seems expensive, wickes sell it for around £7 depends on the bag size though

Dave Jones

Reply to
Dave Jones