SDS adaptor

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is easier to use the cordless drill.

Reply to
Clive Dive

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive" mused:

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.

Reply to
Lurch

Yeah, obviously!! but after a while it trashes the end of the sds and those loose bits of 'swarf' can't be doing the chuck any good, can they?

Reply to
Clive Dive

On or around Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:59:31 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive" mused:

As I say, never had a problem after years of doing it. Don't do it if you don't want, no skin off my nose. My bits get changed regularly so I haven't noticed any damage occuring, and what bits of swarf in what chuck? My drills are caked in s**te every time they are used, theres more than a bit of swarf here and there.

No SDS adapters available AFAIK that go from normal to SDS as that is just plain silly.

Reply to
Lurch