Running cable down wall from attic difficulties

Telehouse North has two feeds at 132kV, with a substation for each feed located on site. There are four transformers there, one of which is a spare. Then it's obviously got a UPS and a generator.

I only know this because I got the whole sales pitch, so it could be misinformation but it's probably easily verified. I don't have all of my equipment there because it's expensive but I pick up transit there because most peering can be got from there.

Reply to
Humza

"independant" may not mean fed from diverse substations. Not much good having two diversely routed feeds from seperate transformers at the same substation. What happens if that substation loses supply or as seems remarkably common gets flooded? OK the substation will have at least two feeds, main and backup, so it should be quite diffult for it to lose supply.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't know quite which one, was around Six odd weeks ago now...

Reply to
tony sayer

Don't quite know the actual fault be the best we could find was that it was a collapsed duct and it would take a week or more to reinstate and that was it now alternative routing so tough shit!....

Reply to
tony sayer