Re: Neighbours Glaring Floodlights

Page 1 of 2

off
Do you want to borrow an air rifle ?
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:52:19 +0100, "Nick Read"

In a hostel in south africa a few months back some guys had a spud gun powered by deodorant made out of a good length of 1 1/2 inch plastic pipe, a lighter, and a load of masking tape, did a damn good job of knocking out the street lamps.
This is DIY after all, don't want to go using air rifles when we can build our own...
Jim
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:58:09 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@fanhhnaf.com wrote:

Safer from _what_ ? Are you expecting a nocturnal raid by al Quaida ?
Andy Dingley wrote:

We had a nocturnal raid a couple of nights ago. A badger broke into the (extremely heavily fortified) guineapig hutch and ate Little Pig. Very sad.
--
Grunff

Pity there were no glaring floodlights from the neighbours.. might have saved the little fellow... sniff

Are you sure it was a badger? They don't usually eat anything that big particularly if it is alive. More likely the badger let the fox in. As for the OP the rule is never fall out with your neighbour. Go and talk to them and explain the problem they are causing. They may not know it IS a problem. I had a problem some years ago with a security light that, unknown to me, caused a problem. It was only a casual remark that alerted me and I was able to reposition it.
Peter Crosland wrote:

Well, we aren't sure, but the reason we suspect a badger is because there's one that lives (on it's own - it's a bit odd) near the stables anyway, and it was spotted the following morning nearby.
It could've been a fox - but I'd be surprised if a fox would have been able to break in. It could be a combined effort as you suggest, but why would a badger spend ages breaking into a hutch just so that a fox could go in?
--
Grunff

It was a guineapig...
I know! Simply a turn of phrase.
"Suz" wrote | > Sorry about the piglet. | It was a guineapig...
It was a little one, which I think would make it a guinea-piglet or ten shillings and sixpence.
Owain
Owain wrote:

Ah, well, not quite. He was called Little Pig, because when we got him he was very little. Sadly, our naming lacked foresight, because at 5 years old he was quite gigantic; one of the largest guinea pigs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
--
Grunff

Andy Dingley wrote:

Do they make good eating?
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 00:49:09 +0000, parish <parish_AT_ntlworld.com> wrote:

Whereas now they'll quite happily work with galleons, sickles and knuts.
My 8 year old was quite appalled to see that the Harry Potter (tm) Diagon Alley (tm) board game uses the currency, but you're not allowed to buy anything unless you have the exact change (but we ignore that rule). Presumably the philosophy-ignorant Americans also couldn't work out the change.

Looks like "the testing phase" was a failure then!! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
Peter Crosland wrote:

Are you sure they wouldn't eat a guineapig? I thought a badger was the only thing powerful enough to prise open a hedgehog and eat it; and that they have been observed doing this.

yes please, can I collect?
(similar situation here)
what bothers me is not so much the glaring light (we have blackout blinds) as the intense shadows created
--
dave @ stejonda

off
Park your car, with the high beam light on so that it shines through their bedroom window during the night. (have some jump leads handy in the mornign though). :o)
You could try asking them kindly if they would switch the timmer or, or reposition the lights a bit.
Jaime

off
Have I found the man for you!! Wai Yuen Liu http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/426092.stm Man guilty of floodlight plot
"PoP" wrote | The real problem will surface if those lights manage to shine upwards. | The 747 pilot making an emergency recovery from a failed landing | attempt is sure to require action :)
If the OP can wait until April 1st, a hoax phonecall 'from the CAA' could be both amusing and effective.
Owain

the
How about a water pistol onto the bulb? Might think they've got a dodgy batch of bulbs... ;)