Radiator black sludge

Took rad off as I am decorating room. Thought it an opportune moment to flush it out in garden. Clear water and inhibitor came out when I drained it in the room prior to taking it off the wall. Flushing it with garden hosepipe shoved out loads of black sludge .. and I mean loads ... yuk. Second rad from same room, not so bad. Now thinking to do them all as every room is being decorated.

Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the downstairs ones ?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Usually, since the sludge will find its way to the lowest point(s).

Reply to
1501

.. >On 31 Jul, 23:28, Mike P wrote: .. >

.. >> Would the upstairs ones be more likely to be cleaner than the .. >> downstairs ones ? .. >>

.. >> Mike P .. >

.. >

.. >Usually, since the sludge will find its way to the lowest point(s).

Thanx Brian ....... I was hoping gravity would play a part. I will flush all downstairs rads and see how they are.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P