Thermostatic Rad Valves - RBM?

Hi all

Couple of questions on thermostatic rad valves if anyone can help. Broken thermostatic head needs replacing - the cap has the letters RBM on it half inside a triangle IYSWIM and also the number 43. Presumably this can be removed simply by undoing the knurled ring directly below the head? Anyone heard of RBM? I get links which are predominantly in Russian!!! Advice on suppliers for these would be appreciated. Failing this, is it likely that another manufacturer's head will fit this valve?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Any chance you can remove the head, and upload a photo of the two halves somewhere - and post a link to it here? Someone may then recognise it.

If it's like most other TRVs I've seen, the head should come off by unscrewing the knurled ring. Turn it to max temperature first, to relieve any pressure on the pin.

Reply to
Roger Mills

"Roger Mills" wrote

Thanks Roger

Due to firewall restrictions (work) unable to upload photos :( I'll just unscrew the ring and see what happens - the ring and some plastic is all that's left on the valve so pin pressure has already been relieved.

What's the chances of another manufacturer's head fitting the valve body? I guess it's a trip to the PM's for me to find the closest match.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster